Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting Closer

All our information is still from the rumor mill, with no real facts and certainly no plane tickets. But. The rumors of swine flu have dwindled, and people from other agencies are reporting that their "travel approvals" from China-- that is, permission to travel-- have arrived. That should mean that our travel approval is coming soon. Our agency is still hoping, hoping, hoping for travel on May 20th. If not, then May 27th. Can we really be two weeks from lift-off and still not know if we are really going or not? I'm hopeful but not believing. Not until I have that travel approval and get the official word.

I made a decision this week and told my bosses: I'm off starting May 18th. Whether it is maternity leave, vacation, or something else, I'm not coming in. That will be my own time-- to recover from the things that have been making me sad (the things I'm not blogging about here), and to move into celebrating this baby in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. You have waited this long and things will go the way they are supposed to go. You have to let God do some of the worrying. You guys have done your part and now enjoy this time with patience, which is hard to do, your little one will come home!

    I am enjoying following your blog.

    Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea to set a date to be done work. I'm done now and hoping to travel around the same time as you. I had had a headache for a month and decided enough is enough. Things have been better since I've been off...just the stress of wondering when we travel!!!

    ReplyDelete