Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Uncertainty, the New Norm

I ripped off half my gown and one glove to return Mark's call, and there, still half dressed in scrub clothes in the OR, I heard that we have travel approval. I had the whole OR staff crying and laughing with me, ready to go get my baby girl. They said probable date of travel is April 20-- just 12 days away.

And then, later in the afternoon, I heard that Jiangxi Province-- yes, that is where Phoebe is waiting for us-- is the one province in China that is not granting approval for adoptions right now, due to swine flu. It seems that SOME families are getting their appointments at the provincial level in Jiangxi, but most are not. No one knows WHY some families can get through. And we have no idea if our agency-- now closed for the weekend-- has these appointments or not.

So, my celebration lasted about three hours. Maybe leaving in 12 days. Maybe 6 months. Still don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment