Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ups and Downs


Yesterday we heard that China is shutting down international adoptions for 20-30 days, at least, until they can reassess Swine Flu. Today our agency tell us it is just rumors, and that "travel approval" will be granted as expected. I am not at all sure what to think, and after being crushed yesterday I just refuse to get excited today. "Rumors," all rumors. We are in limbo, unsure if my office schedule should be open or closed, unsure who will be Miranda's nanny if we are still here in three weeks, unsure if Phoebe will be growing into a little girl in China without us because we can't get permission to pick her up.

Not an easy time for us. In other news, this week has been very hard on me, with events too sad and difficult to make it into the adoption blog. All I want right now is my little girl home.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, KC. I hope that whatever is happening, you have many people around you to support you. And that Phoebe can come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are in our thoughts. We hope that you can hold Phoebe soon. Much love!

    ReplyDelete