Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Ribbons

Some of you know this story: The week before Miranda was born, the women in my life gathered with me for a Mother Blessing. We opened envelope after envelope sent from friends and family all over the world, each one containing a bead. The beads came with stories and wishes and prayers. We string them on a necklace, and I kept in with me when I gave birth to Miranda. She keeps it now in her room, and I tell her those beads came from all the people who welcomed her into the world and celebrated her arrival into our family.

For Phoebe, I'd like to gather ribbons. I invite you to send a 12-inch ribbon to the house with your welcoming wishes for Phoebe as she enters into our lives. My plan was to open them on the long flight over, but I think we'll have to make it a welcome-home activity. Somehow the end of this long journey came very quickly! Thank you, in advance; I hope it will be something she'll hold on to for the rest of her life. I can't wait to see what collection comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment