Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Mom, Two Toddlers


Score! It's 12:15 and both kids just went down for naps, 10 minutes apart. Yesterday was my first day on my own, with no parents or husband to help. We had to leave the house for a walk at 07:20, after the first double meltdown of the day. My biggest problem is that Miranda isn't very good at walking down stairs, so that leaves me carrying my TWO 24-pound kids down the stairs, one on each hip, and my back is aching by the end of the day. You should have seen us trying to get to Miranda's 24 month check-up yesterday. With two kids, a diaper bag, and an Ergo, I'm trying to fill out the developmental assessment sheet. I know it looks very comical, and I get a lot of sympathy everywhere we go. This double toddler thing is kicking my butt.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and really enjoyed reading it. Great story! One thing though....you need to update your profile photo. :) Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are settling into a routine and that Phoebe is feeling safe and secure now! The first few days are the roughest - getting back home, catching up on laundry, bills, mail...all with a new baby and jet lag! Hope things continue to improve each day!

    ReplyDelete