Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sleeper Train

. . . by Miranda

In our last day in Guilin we took a train to Shangrao. It was a sleeper train and we slept overnight. The train station was very crowded and there were a lot of people smoking. It was really really really unpleasant, and not very happy. Everybody seemed to be wearing grey or black, and most of the suitcases were black. Me on the other hand, I was wearing purple.

While we were waiting for the train to move, we went into our cabin. Our cabin was very very small and there was hardly any room to climb around the bed.  Mom says the beds were hard but I thought they were very comfortable.  (But one of the beds in our room right now, which is in Wuyuan, is, under the covers, made of wood.  It's completely wood.  No wonder it's so hard.  And there is no mattress.)  . . .But, back to the sleeper train.


I slept pretty well on the sleeper train.  I woke up a couple of times but other than that it was really fun.  Mom wouldn't let me read on the train because it was 9:00, but that's the time I usually do lights-out with my reading.  The sleeper train was really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment